There are two types of Channels
- Channels that can publish automatically (Social Media Channels like Facebook or Twitter)
- Channels that can't publish automatically (Custom Channels and Instagram)
How to add a Channel
Being on a Community follow the below steps to add a Channel:
- Click on the Plus-sign
- Select the Channel you would like to add. At the moment the following Channels are supported:
- Custom Channel
- Choose if you want to authenticate the Channel you are adding or not. For Authenticated Channels you can enable automatic publishing (not available for Instagram Channels) and statistics for its posts & campaigns are imported automatically from the platform if available. (This section does not apply for Custom Channels)
A not authenticated Channel can be authenticated anytime in the future by going through the above steps 1. to 3. again.
- Authenticated Channel:
You are asked to enter the login-credentials and select the profile/page to connect.
- Not authenticated Channel:
You are asked to enter the URL of the profile/page you want to add.
- Custom Channel:
You can choose a name, pick color and icon and add a profile URL if needed.
- Authenticated Channel:
Edit the Channel settings
Being on a Community click on the gear-symbol of a Channel to edit its settings
For Social Channels you can edit the below settings:
- Prevent automatic post:
If activated, no posts are published automatically to the corresponding platform (Facebook, Twitter etc.). For non authenticated and Instagram Channels this option is always activated.
- Estimated reach:
This is an estimated percentage of how many of a Channel's followers see a post/update and it varies from platform to platform (click the blue bullet to see its actual value in %).The Kuble Campaign Planner sets default values based on the corresponding platform but you can change them and set your own estimates. This value is used for the calculations of earned values.
- Average connections:
This is an estimate number of the average connections/followers a page/profile has and it varies from platform to platform. The Kuble Campaign Planner sets default values based on the corresponding platform but you can change them and set your own estimates. This value is used for the calculations of earned values.
How to re-connect a (disconnected) Channel
To re-connect a disconnected Channel you need to go through the steps 1. to 3. under "How to add a Channel". Disconnects may happen due to network issues on the platforms or its APIs.